The Employer – Employee Relationship:
This increasingly important area of law, to business owners and managers has become extremely complex since the first raft of modern Employment/Labour Law was introduced in this legal jurisdiction in the 1970s. Currently, and as a result of the intervention of the Legislature, the decisions of Rights Commissioners, the Labour Court, the Employment Appeals Tribunal and the Courts, the modern employer-employee relationship is both complex and highly regulated. In addition new legislation is constantly being introduced both at National and EU levels.
At Ó Riada Solicitors we have more than 30 years experience practicing in this area and of representing both employers (individual and corporate). We consequently understand that clients need prompt and pragmatic advice that is well grounded in the law and that is delivered to them in a professional and cost effective manner. We also understand that in managing the employment relationship it is important that employers are able to control costs and have economically viable, realistic and flexible employment relationships with their employees, while ensuring at the same time that they are operating within the law.
We can provide you the business owner/manager with vital assistance and practical support to assist you in managing your business’ employment relationship(s) and thereby help you minimize the risk of unwanted, unnecessary and costly litigation.
We offer our clients a full range of services in this area of law which include :-
The drafting of and advising on Employment Contracts ( including Charters of Employee Rights and Obligations and associated Manuals and Procedures )
More specifically we can advise you in relation to :-
- Redundancy and associated issues
- Transfer of Undertakings Legislation ( TUPE )
- Actual Dismissal
- Disciplinary/Grievance Procedures
- Mandatory and other Injunction applications
- Employment related Stress, Bullying and Harassment claims and associated issues
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Employment Contract due diligence enquiry support in a business acquisition
- Outsourced Employment Contracts
- Temporary and Agency Workers issues
- Data Protection Legislation obligations and related issues
- Restraint of Competition Clauses
- Employment Dispute Settlement Agreements
- Hearings before the Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT) & the Rights Commissioner
For more information please see Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment Website.